Perfins of Jewish companies / Perfins von jüdischen Firmen

Here you can offer your perfins or issue a search query. / Hier könnt ihr eure Perfins anbieten oder Suchanfragen posten.
keedad

Jewish perfins

Post by keedad » Wed 1. Aug 2018, 02:15

I collect 'Jewish perfins', that is, any company whose owners were/are Jewish. I prefer covers/cards.

I already have about 500 different perfins, with about 180 from Germany, about 70 from UK, about 40 from The Netherlands, about 36 from each USA and Austria and about 20 from Hungary.

My want list includes KKL from Palestine, Levant (particularly Turkey), Poland, Abecassis &/or Buzaglo from Portugal. India & China are also of interest. I have very little from South America.

I can offer in exchange many stamps and quite a few covers, some of which, I believe, are of particular interest (see attached list, including both tabs, 'covers swaps' and 'stationery').

I am interested, primarily, in swapping.
Attachments
Perfin Cover Swaps - July 2018.xlsx
(22.09 KiB) Downloaded 88 times

Perfin Fan
Administrator

Re: To all new users / An alle neuen User

Post by Perfin Fan » Thu 2. Aug 2018, 14:40

Is there a list of Jewish companies that used perfins in your favourite countries?
Sometime you can tell from the name, but not always.

I got quite a lot of covers, and can take a look at them or see if I can find single stamps from those companies.
If you post some wanted catalog numbers, I'll try my best.

By the way ... I noticed, that you use the Nussbickel catalog. That's no good idea.
He picked so many names out of the phonebook, that sometimes it's more a fairytale than a catalog.
You should better get the Sand catalog from Gerhard Sand who has been working on Austrian perfins for more than 30 years.
He proved so many things wrong in Nussbickel and edited an almost perfect new catalog for Austria.

Perfin Fan
Administrator

Perfins of Jewish companies / Perfins von jüdischen Firmen

Post by Perfin Fan » Thu 2. Aug 2018, 14:55

I opened a new topic for this interesting collecting field.

keedad

Re: Perfins of Jewish companies / Perfins von jüdischen Firmen

Post by keedad » Thu 25. Oct 2018, 01:12

Thanks and sorry for this late reply.

keedad

Re: Perfins of Jewish companies / Perfins von jüdischen Firmen

Post by keedad » Thu 25. Oct 2018, 01:28

There is no definitive list of 'Jewish Perfins', however, I am working on it! I attach herewith my tentative list of US Jewish perfins - I have about 40 but there must be many more. UK and Germany are vast and I already have quite a few. Strangely I have very few from Poland which had a Jewish population of 3.3 million. South America, in particular Argentine, could be a good source; similarly Canada but I don't have catalogues (yet!).
Attachments
US JEWISH PERFINS.docx
(24.52 KiB) Downloaded 63 times